Support Local Small Businesses this Holiday Season
Community banks help support and grow the local economy, and we like to do our part by shopping local and supporting small businesses this holiday season.
The BancAlliance network is made of over 290 community bank members, located throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam. Our members have taught us many wonderful lessons over the years, including many ways that we can all support our local neighborhoods. Here are some ideas:
Types of businesses to support:
- LGBTQ+-owned businesses
- Local restaurants
- Mental Health
Examples of businesses to support in our DC community and beyond:
- Started by two moms who had backgrounds in textiles and design, in2green manufactures eco-friendly throws, pillows and accessories in the US. Companies can personalize and customize throw blankets with their branding, which is a nice touch around the holidays.
- City Bonfires
- Started by two dads whose jobs were affected by the pandemic, City Bonfires makes portable bonfires, s’mores kits and branded skewers.
- Freres Branchiaux
- Meaning “three brothers” in French, Freres Branchiaux is made up of three young brothers living in Washington, DC who make aromatic candles for consumers and companies.
- Hope for Flowers
- Tracy Reese has built a reputation in the fashion industry as a champion for diversity and inclusion. She has created and sustained a thriving business in a fickle industry, always staying true to her cores: transformative power that fashion can provide the ability to inspire self-confidence and personal agency.
- Black Girl Sunscreen
- Sunscreen brand that caters exclusively to women of color. A 30 SPF lotion infused with natural ingredients and formulated for women of color. BGS dries completely clear and protects melanin without the white-cast.
- Creative Green life
- With a mission to create the best reusable shopping bags, they want to help shoppers do their part in helping preserve the environment.
- Eighth Generation
- Seattle-based art and lifestyle brand owned by the Snoqualmie Tribe. 100% Native designed products. “Inspired Natives,” not “Native-inspired.”
- The Mental Health Awareness Pack provides people with a way to show support for all those living with mental health illnesses. 5% of each purchase is donated to Mental Health America.
Which small businesses are you supporting? Let us know in the comments!
Interested in learning more about the advantages of being a BancAlliance member? Contact us to start a conversation about becoming a member, so that your community bank can benefit from the power of the BancAlliance network.